Configurable Search Web Part for SharePoint Online
- Configurable Web Part
- Tabs to Switch Between Search Results Sources
- Customizable Item Layout
- Action Buttons
- Refinement Panel
Vitextra Smart Search Web Part has more than 30 configurable parameters to meet any modern search center requirements.
Customizable item layout makes it possible to change the view of search results; from the title only to rich view containing such information as a breadcrumb to the item location, thumbnail of the document, analytics sparkline of recent views and viewers, summary, taxonomy tags, file size, and others.
Search Results Sources
The Smart Search supports two operational modes:
- Single Source. Choose one of the nine built-in search sources to narrow the search scope.
- Multiple Sources (Tabs). Choose search sources and their order to allow users to switch between them.
There are the Action Buttons that are available depending on the type of search result:
- Download. Direct link to the document to download it immediately
- Preview. Open Microsoft Office document in the dialog to view its content
- Play. Play video file in the dialog
The Action Buttons are to perform some actions keeping the context.
Is it possible to replace built-in SharePoint search with this solution?
Yes. You can set up a custom search page and use the Smart Search web part to display search results. See Custom Search Page for SharePoint Online article for more information.
May users who do not have permissions for particular documents see them in the search results?
No. The Smart Search uses a built-in SharePoint Search Service. The Search Service trims search results at query time based on current user permissions.
Is it possible to add a custom search source?
No. As for now, the Smart Search does not support custom search sources.
search meeting recording
this app allowed me to resolve issue with searching teams meetings
🚀 New Features:
- Support Microsoft Teams
- Support Theme Variants
🐞 Fixed Bugs:
- Pagination issue
🌐 Languages Support:
🐞 Fixed Bugs:
- Search scopes ignored in case of empty search query
- Minor interface bugs
- Stream icon for recorded meetings
- List of attendees in the summary of a recorded meeting