How To View Azure DevOps Work Items on SharePoint Site
Vitextra My Tasks web part makes it possible to view Azure DevOps work items on SharePoint Online. This guide is intended to provide you necessary steps to set up the My Tasks web part to allow users to view their Azure DevOps tasks on SharePoint Online
1. Download My Tasks package
Go to download center, scroll down to My Tasks and select Download.
2. Deploy the package
Extract zip-archive into any folder on your PC and upload vitextra.my-tasks.sppkg to your SharePoint Apps library. Once the package is uploaded, SharePoint will show the confirmation dialog. Mark Make this solution available to all sites in the organization checkbox and click Deploy.
3. Approve API Access
To allow the My Tasks web part to get data, you need to approve the following API permissions:
- Group.ReadWrite.All (required to get tasks from Planner)
- Tasks.ReadWrite (required to get tasks from To-do)
- User Impersonation for Azure DevOps and Dynamics 365 (required to get tasks and work items from Azure DevOps and Dynamics 365)
4. Add My Tasks web part to SharePoint Site
Open SharePoint page where you need to place the web part and open the page in edit mode.
Add Vitextra My Tasks to the page
5. Consent User Impersonation
Open My Tasks web part configuration pane, switch on Azure DevOps and select Consent button to allow the application call Azure DevOps API on behalf of the current user.
6. Accept Permission Request
In new window select Accept to approve the permission request.
7. Set DevOps Organization Name
On the web part confiuration pane type in your DevOps organization name. The name you can find on organization settings page.
8. Save and Publish the Page
Save and Publish the page to make the web part visible to all users.